There is never a dull moment, so they say, when you have two little ones. Just in the past few days I've....
- Spent a good 20 minutes erasing a beautiful pencil drawing off of my Mom's table and one chair.
- Was vacuuming when my toddler got into a box of baking soda and said he was "making smoke" as a white cloud filled my bed room. We had to go racing into the bath room to get him some water and get it off his tongue.
- Just yesterday my poopy diaper count was 6 (they tied at 3 and 3 with each other) And my loads of laundry count was 3 ...wish that could have been the other way around
- Got a Skittles out of my toddlers nose
- Cooking, Cleaning up, More Diapers, Nursing....
AND I LOVE IT! I love being a Mom! I love my kids and I love to see them learn and laugh. I love to watch them eat. I love to watch them sleep! (Ah yes, sleep is good) I love love love the sweet interaction between them as brothers. They love each other and smile and laugh and play even now. And I am delighted to think of their forever friendship as they grow up together. I love to listen to my baby coo and talk. I love the new found conversations that I have with my toddler about the poor Snowman and why his nose and hat "falled" off. Or the repeated conversation about the big tiger upstairs! I love to pray over my kids at night and sing over them.... I pray that the prayers I am praying for them will surpass my life time. The prayers prayed now are seeds and that is exciting.
My Husband has been home with us since August, thanks to the economy, but starting next week he will be working full time again! I am so proud of him and blessed that we have a job. However, my boys and I have been SUPER SPOILED in having Daddy around. Starting next week, we will transition as a family to whole new dynamic. But we will embrace this season of our journey.
So wiping bottoms, mouths, and tables (not in that order) is part of it. Finding a small cow in the washing machine or clean burp clothes in the trash can or my cell phone in the frig.... is part of it. Playing with play-doh, drawing on the AquaDoodle (love it!!), reading Curious George and Goodnight Moon 100x is part of it. Nursing around the clock and so often finding spit up on my shirt is part of it. Changing the batteries in ELMO and changing the DVR to WordWorld or Handy Manny is part of it. Being there for them when they are sick or hurt and giving lots of kisses is part of it. Discipline is part of it. And I love it. I get to invest in my kids more than anyone else and I'm honored to have this job. Often a little worn out, behind, and running late. (i.e. took down the Christmas Tree in February) But I love being a Mom to two boys!