Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pregnancy Update -- 23 Weeks


Your pregnancy: 23 weeks
How your baby's growing:Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango),
you may be able to see him/her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb. (Baby Center web page info)
My Update at 23 weeks along!
I do feel him moving a lot!! And I know he can hear... he responds to Daddy and moves around when he speaks to him. And the Leap Frog 'alphabet pal' came blaring on the other day as I was cleaning up and I felt him "jump" -- that toy is loud!
I've been nesting a lot lately! That's a good thing though... it feels so nice to get things organized that I've put off. Progress!!
I have had more pressure and pulling... almost like I'm feeling the stretching that my body is going through... and I don't remember feeling that with my first.
The doctor said he hears that a lot from Mom's of more than one child because we don't slow down and take it easy while we are pregnant. WE CAN'T stop or slow down when there is a toddler running around. If lift him in and out of the high chair, in and out of the car, in and out of the bath... every day! I'm wanting to be careful -- of course. And I think everything if fine. It's just different from the first time around in certain ways.
Overall, things have been really good! We are so excited about our new son!

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

so glad to hear that you are feeling so good. Isn't it the best when the move around? I love that feeling.

me said...

love the update... good to hear that you are doing so well