Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Justice is Sweet

Justice is Sweet...

Early on, when the baby bear would bump his head on something... I reverted to doing what my Mom did with me...

We divert our attention from the "pain" and turn to spanking the wall, the table, the floor, or whatever "caused" the pain. We spank it and say, "No, No, Don't hurt this baby!" and then I pet him and hug him and tell him that I love him. It works! No more tears. In fact most of the time, he laughs!!

So... now that he's almost a year old and talking more and more... he understands more... AND HE WANTS TO DO THE SPANKING now and even shakes a finger at it and speaks in his baby Greek with great disgust that IT has given him a Boo Boo. Oh, no. What have I started?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Love him, love you!

Anonymous said...

oh, me! how fun that you have a blog. yes, jonathan and I really enjoy meeting you and your adorable family. how fun, that we will be able to stay in touch! you can be sure i will be checking back:)