Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Update

A few things from the past few days....

ANOTHER MESS:
1. Bananas make a mess! We know this. And yet, I had this crazy idea that feeding him mushy little bites of a banana would allow me to get my grocery shopping finished in peace. It was the biggest mess I've seen. Ok, maybe not as bad as the Peas! But seriously it was all over his face, neck, arms, hands and all over the cute shopping cart cover!! I even had an older lady stop me to teach me that if I opened the Banana from the bottom (instead of the normal way that God intended) that all of the little strings would stay attached to the peal and the baby would really like that better because they don't like the strings. Thanks. I'll try that next time when I'm not in the middle of Publix and the baby is not fussing! He hated it because it was not liquid.

CRAZY DAY:
2. I was out and about with several stops one day this week and realized I had NO MORE diapers. I'm a terrible Mom, I thought. There were NON in the diaper bag -- thus the bags very name is screaming, "You're a complete failure". There were NON in the car. What is a Mom to do? Use what you got. I took two size 1 diapers and attached them to make a size 3 diaper. Not kidding!! You lay one under the other about 1/2 down and use the attachment things to stick the bottom one to the top one. Then I flipped the whole thing over and applied LOTS of clear tape where the two diapers met to hope and pray that it would hold in the stuff. I even made an additional rig to take in the car in case we needed a spare along the way. I am happy to say it sort of worked and I now don't feel like a failure. It was a chance to be creative I guess.

SIDEBAR VENT:
3. I HATE the new car commercial that states, "Do you know what life is? Life is High School with Money!" I HATE IT!! I want my life to be so much more. I cannot think of anything more superficial than High School and Money. What temporary pleasure-seekers are they targeting? It's sad... really sad. Life is a gift from God and we all have a great purpose and plan. It's not just about some unattainable standard of coolness. Ridiculousness.

CIRCUS O'Babies:
4. In my one-day-a-week child care job... last week I had 11 kids. The oldest was 4. There were 6 in diapers (including mine). But this week my husband came with me and helped out. It was great to have him there. I still don't know how John&Kate +8 do it day in a day out!! They must have help.

PLAYGROUP:
5. My little baby love and I had a great play group last weekend at our town square and then we all went to get ice cream together (which was mainly for the Moms). It was really fun!!

MILESTONE:
6. The Baby has been trying to pull up and stand up (with in the week and half that he's been crawling now). Well, he succeeded today! He pulled up on his own TODAY!!!! Such a big boy!

2 comments:

Writeaway said...

The picture of Elijah in his baseball hat is so cute - makes him look So grown up! Can't believe he's pulling up already! He is such a big boy! So big, in fact, that you have to tape TWO diapers together! HA!!! Love, KK

Anonymous said...

He's getting so big! I can't believe he's already pulling himself up. He'll be walking before you know it!