Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pregnancy Update: 30 Weeks (10 to go)

30 WEEKS

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage).

A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) (From the Baby Center web e-mail updates.)

MY PREGNANCY UPDATE: I'm 30 weeks along now!
At 29 weeks (over labor day weekend) I began to feel some pressure down low. I was very concerned. It was similar to the what I felt when I was in the earliest stage of labor with my first son. We were about 2 hours from the hospital and the pressure had been steady for about an hour. I knew that it was not actually contractions yet, but I was still a little worried. So... we called. The person on-call was our mid-wife (who also goes to our church and is so sweet). I was emotional over the phone, saying, "I'm only 29 weeks..." She talked
thru a few things that can cause this... dehydration, a bladder infection, stress, or actual early labor. She said it was BEST to come on in and get check out. We drove to the hospital late on a Sunday night. They can check the proteins in the fluid (near the cervix) to be sure that you are not in early labor. All of my test results were good that night. The baby's heart beat was good and they did a sonogram to make sure that the cord was not around his neck or anything else. I did not have a bladder infection and I was well hydrated. Diagnoses: STRESS related. Now I've been on Modified best-rest... while moving and being Mommy to my 2 yr old son!?!?!? Not sure how all of that goes together.
I went back to my OB on Thursday, Sept. 10 and he double checked everything. All tests results looks fine.
The cervix was/is still closed. We got to do another sonogram (I've posted some of the 3D/4D pictures below!) He said the same thing, "you need to take it easy" He told me to be the director of the move and not to actually move boxes. I did try to be very careful. I do not want to have my sweet baby too early, and especially not to be caused my me or my own stress. So I am taking it easy. Trying to rest. And praying for peace over he and i both... that he will be shielded from the stress and uncertainties in my life. But over all, all is well.
3D/4D Sonogram Photos (taken Sept. 10th 2009)

No comments: