I went back to the specialist on Monday. Things went fine. They did a non-stress test to track the baby's heart beat and mark movement. He was not moving a lot -- probably just sleeping. They brought me some apple juice and keep tracking him a little longer. He moved okay so the Dr did not seem to be worried. He's still breech and his back is toward my belly button, so I am just feeling flutters and gentel rolling movement... not hard kicks or elbows. But every movement counts. His heart rate was normal and his Daddy got to be there with me. Next, we went in for the sonogram and awaited the news on the fluid levels. The sonographer was not getting very high numbers (in the 5's & 6's) but she said we should wait until the doctor came in to look because he might find more measureable fluid levels. He looked for a while and re checked the four pockets. He ended up with a 6.7 fluid level. Slightly lower, but about the same as last week even after being on bed rest and drinking water all day. We were bummed. The specialist said to continue bed rest because it's not hurting and may help. However, going back to my regular schedule or activities could cause the fluid levels to go down. I will most likely be on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. (Currently 36 & 1/2 weeks) They will do a non-stress test twice a week and the sonogram to check the fluid levels at least once a week. I go back to my regular OB office on Thursday for a check up and a non-stress test.
- Please pray that the fluid level will go up
- Please pray the the fluid levels will NOT go down below a 5
- Please pray that the baby will turn head down on his own
- Please pray for him to move regularly (so we'll know he's Ok)
- Please pray for the emotional and mental prep in case he comes early or comes by c-section / The desire of my heart is for him to go FULL TERM & to be able to have a natural labor & delivery w/ good health
- Please pray for how bed rest effects my whole family
- Please pray for God's will to be done in all of this
- Please pray for God to give us the baby's Name
THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE, PRAYERS, & SUPPORT!