We were mentally and emotionally prepared to meet our son today. We had the car packed. Grandparents had taken off work.
Everyone was ready.
My phone rang early this morning (while I was in the shower) and when my husband answered, I could tell it was not family on the other end. It was the specialist Doctor. Not the one I saw yesterday, but the one I have been seeing for about three weeks. He said that my OB called him and asked him to review the pictures and chart info from the visit yesterday since he had not seen me. He did that and saw that the fluid levels were in the 10's and that that is Ok. The baby was still breech yesterday -- bottom down -- feet folded up by his head. He called to tell me that he was recomending that we WAIT on the c-section. Cancelled for today!
This was such a mental shift... but at the same time, I am very grateful. If there is any way that the fluid levels are Okay and the baby can stay in there LONGER... that is safer and better for the baby & that is what we want. He said we could elect to go ahead today, but there would be a greater risk to the baby for not having full lung developement than if we waited. I was a little bit in shock at first, but of course I said what any mother would say... I want what is BEST for my son. And waiting is best right now.
So everything that was on GO is now on "pause".
I'll go back to the specialist (and hope not to see his partner but to actually see him) on Monday at 11:30AM so please join us in praying over this weekend...
We will pray for the baby to fully develope. We pray for complete health and life over this baby (in every way).
Please pray for the fluid to stay the same or go up (of course the doctors say it is not likely to go way up at this point, but we can pray for that). We are also praying for the baby to turn head-down on his own.
So while the changes this morning are HUGE in our lives, maybe it 's a secound chance for things to be EVER BETTER for this little one.