Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas is coming...

This week I have been getting my Christmas shopping finished up.... with the baby, which always makes life more interesting. I remember last year around this time, we found out we were pregnant, and I had that thought - - how will I shop next year with a Baby?? Well, you just figure it out and it all happens. Doesn't it!

This week I have...
1.) finished my Christmas list, shopping, and errands
2.) loaded and unloaded the stroller, car seat, diaper bag, and baby about 150x (OK, only like 12 times maybe)
3.) nursed the baby in the back seat of our vehicle while imagining that I was a secret spy because I was watching a very shady character in the parking lot. He was either anxious about meeting someone... waiting on a drug deal... or he was a vest wearing uni-bomber who for some strategic reason had chosen OLDNAVY on a Wednesday?!!
4.) changed a dirty diaper in the dressing room of an up-scale clothing store (Don't think you're supposed to do that!!)
5.) Found one outfit for me to wear on Christmas that fits my new breastfeeding figure...

....can you relate?

4 comments:

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

Girl, sounds like you are figuring this mommy thing out. I finished my shopping yesterday and I felt like someone should have hung a gold medal around my neck!

Ruth Allen Bryant said...

OK...I know I spelled metal, medal! That is how I say it...

Writeaway said...

It IS medal! When it's a gold MEDAL, it's a "d" and when it's something made of metal, it's a "t". So - you were right! Kaye

AtlantaMama said...

I wish I could spell like my Mama!!