Saturday, December 15, 2007

Did your hair fall out?

Calling all Mom's...


Did your hair fall out AFTER you gave birth to your child?? My son just turned 4months old and I'd said that for the past month or so my hair has been coming out in great amounts. Crazy! In the shower, in my brush, on the straight iron, all over my fleece jacket, and in my baby's hands - - and therefore in his mouth!! Yuck.

Supposedly you don't loose your hair WHILE you are pregnant... so I'm guessing I had "extra" that I am now getting rid of all at once.

According to:Babycenter: Hair Loss after Pregnancy http://www.babycenter.com/ "Many new moms are surprised to find themselves shedding more hair than usual in the first few months after giving birth, but it's perfectly normal. And there's no need to panic: You won't go bald. In fact, your hair should be back to normal by your baby's first birthday."

So... this hair business may last several more months! Yikes! Did this happen to you??

(P.S.- It was one year ago - today - that we found out we were pregnant!)

3 comments:

Laura Kirkland said...

Yes, I lost considerable amounts of hair in the shower after BOTH babies and gained back an entire new growth at my hairline a few months later.. short wisps above my ears and at the forehead in the "bangs" area... no one tells you these things!

AtlantaMama said...

So funny! I hope I will gain some back like you did!!!

Kelly said...

I had hair fall out, plus it turned darker. Too bad, because it now costs a small mint to highlight!